South Jersey Reconstructive Spinal Surgeons
Dr. Ravi is the best of South Jersey reconstructive spinal surgeons. Dr. Ravi K. Ponnappan, MD has been serving the South Jersey & Philadelphia community for over nine years specializing primarily in spinal surgery including the neck, mid-back, and lumbar regions. He is one of only a few South Jersey back pain doctors that is fellowship trained in complex spine reconstructive techniques and minimally invasive spinal surgery approaches that practices at medical facilities at Penn, Temple, Virtua, and RWJ Barnabas.
Reconstructive spine surgery can be grueling on the mind and body. With so much public information available on the common issues that come with a procedure, the idea of your spine needing to be corrected can be harrowing. The surgery itself can also seem like a gamble, as many anecdotes have testified that issues still arise, or even get worse afterwards. Jersey Spine Associates is led by Board Certified Orthopaedic Spine Surgeon Dr. Ravi K. Ponnappan, MD.
Dr. Ponnappan is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon who is fellowship trained in advanced techniques and complex spinal surgery of the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine. Dr. Ponnappan is a proud member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, North American Spine Society, and Cervical Spine Research Society. He is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons, and has received honors for his research on intervertebral disc disease as well as cervical spine compressive pathology.
With two office locations in Marlton and Northfield, our medical services include a more conservative approach to patients spinal problems. We put the emphasis on personalized, patient-centered care. To alleviate concern and doubt, we educate our patients and allow them to make appropriate decisions in managing the spinal conditions limiting them.
Procedures by South Jersey Reconstructive Spinal Surgeons:
- ACDF, anterior cervical discectomy and spinal fusion is a kind of surgical procedure that is used to treat spinal cord compression and disc herniation.
- Cervical disc replacement is a surgical procedure that involves removing the degenerated or damaged cervical disc and replacing it with an artificial one.
- Laser spine surgery can be used to correct a number of spinal problems, such as damaged intervertebral discs.
- Lumbar spinal fusion involves widening the spinal canal and then removing part or all of any damaged or herniated discs in your lower (lumbar) spine.
- Minimally invasive lumbar a type of surgical procedure used to remove all or part of a damaged disc in the lower spine.
- revision spine surgery—a second procedure to correct the problem.